Servings: 1 cup
-1 medium avocado, seeded
-2 cups spinach
-3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
-1/2 lime, juiced
-2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-3/4 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
-2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from the avocados and place in a food processor.
2) Add the spinach, basil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
3) Add the olive oil to the mixture and blend. This will help loosen up the sauce.
4) Add the parmesean to the pesto. Mix with a spoon, do not process.
5) Toss the pesto with pasta or use as a spread on bread.
Note: if you use it with pasta you may need to add pasta water to the mixture to further loosen it. I used it with Spagetti and we did not need any additional pasta water.