Servings: 6 Napoleons
-1/2 package (one sheet) puff pastry, thawed
-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
-1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-6 fresh strawberries, diced finely
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your puff pastry until it is approximately 1/4 inch thick.
3) Using a fork prick the puff pastry all over.
4) Cut puff pastry with heart shaped cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the puff pastry and add another baking tray on top. Place something heavy on top of the baking tray. This is done so that the puff pasty does not ‘puff’ too much.
6) Bake for approximately 10 – 15 minutes – until lightly browned on top and bottom.
7) While the puff pasty is baking, whip the heavy whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks.
8 ) Gently fold the diced strawberries into the whipped cream.
9) Once the puff pastry pieces have baked and cooled, spread a layer of whipped cream on top of a puff pastry piece and then add another puff pastry piece on top of the whipped cream.
10) Repeat step 9 (each Napoleon will have 3 puff pastries and 2 layers of whipped cream)
11) Sift powdered sugar on top of the last layer of puff pastry. Add a sliced strawberry for garnish.