Remember that game, two truths and a lie? Let’s see if you can pick out my truths and the one sneaky lie.
1. My family and I were on the TV show ‘The Family Feud.’
2. I used to live in the same building as the one and only ‘Ludacris.’
3. I’ve had a passion for cooking for as long as I can remember.
Yup, we were on the Family Feud. And I would like to believe, that very gracefully, we lost.
Yup, I also lived in the same building as Ludacris. We ran into each other a few times in the front lobby as well as in the elevator. In the three years I lived in that building, I never once mustered up the courage to say anything to him.
And now for the lie, nope, I did not always love cooking. This hobby, which I hope to turn into a career one day, snuck up on me out of nowhere. I honestly cannot pinpoint the moment I realized how much I enjoyed cooking (well, mostly baking). However and wherever this passion came from, I am grateful for it.
Let me refer back to an excerpt from my very first blog post which I think best sums up what I’m all about.
The dream: Run my very own little dessert shop. It would be a quaint little café filled with the aroma of cupcakes, pies, tarts and all sorts of other sugary goodness.
There are many things that stand in the way of this dream. To list a few:
1. I’m broke.
2. I have a full time job that has nothing to do with the culinary world.
3. I know nothing about starting a small business.
4. I don’t know how to cook.
Since starting this blog, I can say that #4 has come the longest way. Give me a few more years and I’ll get the first three covered as well :).
OH YA! My name is Kinjal Patel Shah.