Servings: Approximately 36 mini donuts.
-1 1/2 c. flour
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. nutmeg
-1/2 c. sugar
-1/3 c. butter, softened
-1 egg, beaten
-1/2 c. 2% milk
-1 1/2 c. diced apples (I used Red Delicious Apples)
-1/2 cup sugar
-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-2/3 stick butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Set aside.
3) Cream the butter and the sugar. Mix in the egg. Add the flour mixture and the milk. Fold in the diced apples.
4) Pipe into Mini Donut Pan. Use a pastry brush to even out the dough in the pan.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes.
6) While donuts are baking, melt 2/3 stick butter. Set aside. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
7) When donuts are done, dip in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.