Servings: 12 muffins
-1 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 very ripe bananas (if you need to ripen your bananas, place them in a brown paper bag with an apple. This will speed up the ripening process)
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons sour cream or heavy whipping cream
-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3) Mash 1 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture.
4) Whisk the remaining banana and sugar together until smooth.
5) Add the melted butter, eggs, sour cream and vanilla and beat together.
6) Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX. Over mixing will cause the muffins to come out tougher.
7) Gently fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
8 ) Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway.
9) Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if they are done.
10) Let cool slightly before removing the muffins.
11) Try not to eat all of them in one sitting.
Note: For Banana Bread simply double the recipe. I would lightly oil the loaf pan before adding the batter.