Servings: approximately 12 cupcakes
-1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
-2/3 box yellow cake mix
-2 medium ripe bananas
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 Tablespoon sour cream
-1/4 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
-Mini Nila Wafers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine cake mix and baking soda in your standing mixer.
3. In a separate bowl mash the bananas and then add to the standing mixer and mix on low speed.
4. While the mixer is still on low, add the oil, vanilla and eggs one at a time.
5. Pour batter into cupcake lines (3/4 full).
6. Bake for 18 minutes.
7. Once the cupcakes are cooled, using the cone method remove the middle portion of the tops
8. Make the vanilla pudding according to the box directions.
9. Fill the cupcakes with the vanilla pudding using a pastry bag.
10. Place tops back on top of the cupcakes covering the filling.
11. In your standing mixer, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside in refrigerator
12. In another bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla.
13. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
14. Crumble Nila Wafers on top of the cupcake.
15. Ice the cupcake using a round tip (or cut the top off the pasty bag 1 inch down).
16. Place one Nila Wafer in the middle of the icing.
Note: The cupcakes are best when eaten the same day as assembly. You can make the cake portion ahead of time. But once you add the Nila Wafers and add the icing the Nila Wafers will become soggy within a few hours.