Servings: 6 ramekins
-8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% or less Cacao)
-3/4 stick unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
-1 Tablespoon Bourbon Whiskey
-1 Tablespoons granulated sugar
-1/8 tsp. salt
-3 egg yolks
-3 egg whites
-3/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
-6 raspberries or other garnish (optional)
1) Place your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer and let chill for at least 10 minutes.
2) Melt the chocolate on a double-boiler or microwave. Set aside.
3) Meanwhile, beat your egg yolks with a mixer for about 2-4 minutes (form a ribbon that takes a few seconds to dissolve).
4) Whisk yolks into chocolate mixture along with Whiskey, and then let cool slightly.
5) In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks.
6) Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture a little at a time until incorporated (use a spatula).
7) In another bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks.
8) Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture a little at a time until incorporated (use a spatula).
9) Spoon the mousse into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe into the ramekins.
10) Refrigerate the ramekins (covered) for at least 3 hours.
11) Let ramekins sit at room temperature for at least a 1/2 hour before serving. Top with raspberries or garnish of your choice.