Servings: 12 Egg Baskets
-Bag of Ready Made Frozen Hashbrowns
-1/2 stick of Butter
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
3. Add the melted butter, salt and pepper to the thawed hashbrowns and mix.
4. With you hands, take a heap of the hashbrown mix and press it into the muffin pan. Make sure the bottom is not too thick and let the mixture go up the sides so it creates a basket. If the bottom is too thick the bottom will come out soggy after it is baked and the baskets will fall apart. Make sure the sides go up high enough to hold an egg.
5. Before adding the eggs, bake the baskets at 350 degrees for at least 40 minutes (until the edges look crispy).
6. Crack one egg per basket directly into the hashbrown basket.
7. Bake for an additional 8 minutes (or until the eggs look cooked sunny side up style).
8. After you take the pan out of the oven let the baskets sit for a couple of minutes before you take them out of the pan.
9. You make you have to loosen the edges with a knife to take the baskets out of the pan. I used an icing spatula so I could carefully lift the bottoms out of the pan.