Adapted from Epicurious.com
Servings: approximately 3 cups (you’ll use about 1 cup for the fruit bowl size I had)
-1 & 1/2 cups water
-1 cups sugar
-1 cups thinly sliced fresh ginger left unpeeled
1) Bring water, sugar, and ginger to a boil in a saucepan
2) Stir until sugar is dissolved. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and let steep 15 minutes.
3) Pour ginger syrup through a sieve into a bowl, discarding ginger.
4) Chill, covered, at least 2 hours. I made this the night before so I let it chill overnight.
5) Add as much syrup as you would like to your fruit salad. The amount just depends on how much you like ginger!