-2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
-1 small red sweet pepper, chopped
-2 cloves roasted garlic (I take 2 cloves, coat them in olive oil, wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees)
-1 tablespoon ground black pepper
-1/2 tablespoon salt
-2 1/4 cups chicken/vegetable broth
-1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (don’t use a low fat version because it won’t taste as creamy)
-1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. In slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper, broth, garlic, salt and black pepper.
2. Cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
3. Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher.
4. Stir in whipping cream and cheddar cheese.
5. Cook in slow cooker for an additional 15 minutes. This will thicken the sauce.
6. Top with green onions before serving.