Peppermint Whipped Cream
Servings: 2 Cups
-1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
-3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1) Chill the standing mixer bowl for 5 minutes in the freezer.
2) Pour the cream and sugar into the bowl and whisk on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
3) Continue to whisk until the cream is smooth and stiff peaks form. The cream should stand up straight when the whisk is raised.
Servings: Enough for 12 cupcakes to be dipped
-1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
-1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1) Combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
2) Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream.
3) Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips. Using a fork, gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
4) Dip the tops of each cupcake in the ganache.
5) Allow 15 to 20 minutes for the ganache to set.
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
-1 cup flour
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-Dash of salt
-2 tablespoons softened butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/4 eggs , beaten
-5/8 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup milk
-2 tablespoons sour cream
-1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
1) Heat oven to 350°F.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt.
3) In your standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla.
5) Add the flour mixture, sugar, sour cream and coffee.
6) Spoon batter into the muffin cups 2/3 full.
7) Bake for 15 to 17 minutes oven.
8 ) Cool cupcakes before dipping in ganache.
Assembly of Cupcakes
1) Bake and cool cupcakes.
2) Dip tops of the cooled cupcakes in the ganache.
3) Let ganache set for about 15-20 minutes.
4) Pipe whipped peppermint cream on top of the ganache.
5) Drizzle left over ganache on top of whipped cream.
6) Serve immediately. If you are not serving immediately, I would keep the peppermint whipped cream refrigerated and then pipe it before serving. The whipped cream will melt at room temperature over several hours therefore needs to be kept cold.