Servings: 12 Cupcakes
-1 cup flour
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-Dash of salt
-2 tablespoons softened butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/4 eggs , beaten
-5/8 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup milk
-2 tablespoons sour cream
-1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
1) Heat oven to 350°F.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt.
3) In your standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla.
5) Add the flour mixture, sugar, sour cream and coffee.
6) Spoon batter into the muffin cups 2/3 full.
7) Bake for 15 to 17 minutes oven.
8 ) Cool cupcakes before dipping in ganache.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
-1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
-1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-2-4 Tablespoons of milk (amount depends on how thick you want the icing)
1) In a standing mixer beat the butter. While the speed is on medium add the confectioners sugar little by little until both ingredients are well blended.
2) Add the vanilla and milk and continue to beat on medium speed until the frosting is creamy.
Assembly of Cupcakes
1) Crumble about 5 large or 10 mini pretzels.
2) Sprinkle pretzels on top of chocolate cake.
3) Pipe Vanilla Buttercream on top of the pretzels.
4) Serve immediately or the pretzels will get soggy.