Servings: 12 cupcakes
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup butter
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (the good kind)
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a standing mixer (or bowl), cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine flour and baking powder and add to the mixture (while this standing mixture is still running)
4. Add the milk until the batter is smooth.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Cook completely before icing.