Servings: 5 Stuffed Bell Peppers
-5 Bell Peppers (your choice of colors)
-1 Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
-1 Box or Packet Mexican Rice, approximately 6.4 ounces (cooked)
-1 Cup Spinach (chopped)
-1 Onion (chopped)
-2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
-1 Cup corn
-1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeded and chopped)
-1 Cup cheddar cheese
-1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce
-1/2 Packet Taco Seasoning
1. Cut the tops off of the bell pepper and remove seeds and membranes. Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright. You can also slice the bell peppers vertically depending on what you prefer.
2. Boil the peppers in salted water for 5 minutes. Pull the peppers out of the water using tongs and let cool slightly.
3. Saute the onions, jalapeno and garlic in a large skillet on medium heat until slightly tender.
4. Take the pan off the heat and add the black beans, corn, spinach, cooked rice and 3/4 of the enchilada sauce to the skillet. Add a half packed of taco seasoning to the skillet and mix all the ingredients.
5. Lastly, add the cheese and stir in quickly. This will be your pepper filling.
6. Pack the filling into the peppers all the way to the top.
7. Bake uncovered in a lightly oiled pan for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce onto the dishes on which you will serve the peppers. The sauce will act as a ‘dipping sauce.’